It’s easy to write off a little bit of jaw pain. You may consider it mild and continually put seeking help lower and lower on your to-do list. Maybe you don’t think there is any valid treatment for your jaw pain. Whatever the reason, it’s important to seek assistance for your jaw pain sooner than later. TMJ is a serious disorder that can evolve into other issues over time.
What Symptoms to Look For
You may be experiencing one of these symptoms, or you may experience several of them. Either way, TMJ can get worse over time, so if you have even the slightest problem on the list below, it may be time to consult with a professional.
- Jaw pain
- Pain in the neck or shoulders
- Difficulty opening your mouth wide
- Jaws that “lock” in the open- or closed-mouth position
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when opening or closing your mouth
- A tired feeling in your face
- Difficulty chewing
- Tinnitus, or ringing in your ears
- Changes in the way your teeth fit together
- Swelling on the side of your face
- Tooth pain
There are also signals that you may develop TMJ. It may be worth booking an appointment if you grind or clench your teeth, as this can lead to TMJ dysfunction. And not to worry – not every solution is surgical. At Sleep Rehab, all of our TMJ appliances are non-surgical and non-invasive.
Remember: It’s never too early to find solutions for TMJ, but it can be too late. Be ahead of the problem and schedule a visit with Sleep Rehab today.